Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Can't Samba !!

My first Spanish fiesta was about 3 weeks ago (late but still good).



Walked home from school with the other American girl, Kaylee!  We ate some lunch, ran to the mall, and then came home for our nap. YAY for SIESTAS.  We got ready in my room and photoboothed the prepping, and walked downstairs, where, for the first time my family saw me looking if I may so go Really Good.  

So we hopped on a bus and headed into the city.

I had a map of where to go . . . drawn by a class mate with little artistic ability . . . but other then that we were new to the city and had no idea where we were going.

We walked down from my bus stop and on our walk the city was just waking up.  The lights turned on in the parks making the waxy trees leaves glitter.    It was beautiful.  The streets and paths are all colored marble, so the dark of the sky but the light of the ground made it seem like we were walking on a sunset. 
I had one of those "Oh My God" moments.  Where everything stands still, and you feel like your in a movie . . . yeah that was me.

  Listening to waves crash along the break wall only intensified the moment when, a salty, but somehow sweet sea breeze made us realize that we were both very hungry.

Taking into account that we had no idea where the restaurants were or what ones were good or not, we gave it all to chance and set off walking.  By the fate of luck we found the perfect place.

Tucked neatly into a row of building was a small quite restaurant. 
We walked in.   We were seated at a booth across from the bar. Handed two menus by a waiter who instantly reminded me of Travis Pitts.  Everything about him was Travis.  His looks, his personality, and the way he carried himself.  Just weirdly similar.
Well once they found out that we were American, they couldn’t stop giving us free food.  IT WAS AMAZING AND DELISIOUS!!!!

 ANYWAYS
 After dinner we began our somewhat guided search for the party.
It was a nice walk. But we ran into our friends and luckily didn’t have to find our way alone.

HERES WHERE IT GETS GOOD

The Party was a blast!
It was dance club that had two floors and an outside patio.
Now I was just having a good time dancing with some of my new friends when I felt a hand on my arm.

I turned to see an incredibly handsome guy from my class (who sits one row over and two seats up).  He smiled, leaned in and said “¿Baila conmigo?”  --Dance with me? --
I smiled back nervously, nodded. And as I turned back to shook my friends an excided slash freaked out look, he had already taken my hand and was ever so politely leading me to a different part of the dance floor.
When he stopped walking, I assumed that meant it was time to dance. So I turned to face him when he reached around my body to grab my opposite hip forcing me to turn back around.

We were now hip to hip, his right arm around my waist and his left hand in my felt hand.
I was Confused!
He noticed this, laughed . . .a lot.  Then said “No pasa nada, yo te enseñaré” --Don’t worry, I will teach you--

Well after A LOT more laughing. . .  I kinda got the hang of it. . . sorta
At least it was fun, I almost learned something new, and on the Brightside I got to dance with a super cute Spanish boy.!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment